We received updates for our COVID procedures. These changes will take effect next week, and are outlined below.
- We are no longer doing any contact tracing.
- We are no longer requiring students to quarantine.
- We will not be putting out a COVID list each day.
- Students still have the option of masking if they wish to do so.
- Students will not be required to log into TEAMS if they are home ill.
Students/Staff who test positive:
- Students and staff who test positive should isolate for five days before returning to school (The day of symptom onset is day zero with return on the morning of day 6, provided symptoms have improved and the person is fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication.
- It is recommended that the student/staff member mask between days six and ten.
- It is up to each family to notify any close contacts. The school will not be making notification.
Students/Staff who have symptoms, but do not have a positive test:
- Those who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID should remain isolated until symptoms subside and they are fever free for 24 hours without medication.
- A doctor's note or negative test is not required to return to school.
Students/Staff who have been exposed to someone who has COVID:
- They may continue to attend school provided they are symptom-free.
- We are back to looking at fully vaccinated as having had all doses of the vaccine, but no longer have to remain within a 90 day window.
If you are unsure of how to proceed or have a unique situation, please contact the school nurse.