BD Ambassadors are students who represent BD and act as envoys for the student community. Activities include the team to welcome new students, conduct tours, host visiting students, participation in Open House, Saints Day, Freshman Orientation, the Alumni Phonathon, and grade school visits.
ALL students are invited to become an ambassador.
How to become involved:
1. Print off the card card found here or obtain one from Mrs. Polhamus.
2. Look for volunteer opportunities in your email and Canvas or listen for announcements.
3. Sign-up for the advertised activity.
4. Attend the organizational meeting (if there is one).
5. Show up on time for the activity & have the adult in charge sign your card once you've completed the duty.
Click Here for Service Card
6. Do this for 3 activities and then turn the card into Mrs. Polhamus. She'll be sure you are recognized at the end-of-the-year honor ceremonies.
Description: Bishop Dwenger’s Project Linus group creates both fleece and needle art blankets to donate to the local chapter of Project Linus, which is a national organization that provides blankets to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need. We meet weekly from October to April.
Activities: Students have the opportunity to learn to crochet and make fleece blankets. We meet weekly to work on blankets to donate. Usually we have a “Blanket Blitz” in the winter in cooperation with Key Club to see how many blankets we can complete in one night.
Requirements: Project Linus is open to all students. Time spent working on blankets qualifies for service hours for the poor and indigent.
Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD)
Description: SADD's focus is to help students make good choices.
Activities: SADD members encourage students to sign pledge cards stating they would not participate in destructive behaviors especially during homecoming week, formal and prom dances. They invite guest speakers to talk to the student body twice a year. SADD participates in Red Ribbon Week.
Requirements: Open to all students
Saints Alive! Student Volunteers
Description: Students assist adult volunteers to staff the BD annual dinner auction. Duties may include serving as hosts/hostesses, valet parking, accounting, distribution, coat check, serving. A wide variety of positions are open to students. Freshmen are in charge of clean-up the day after the event.
Requirements: Open to all students. You must be willing to work hard and be on time. Some positions may require you to wear costumes.